05 March, 2015

Books



So I found out a little while ago that today is World Book Day. It showed up as a trending topic on my Facebook page. I, of course, Googled it as I had not heard about it. It turns up that in the U.K. it is celebrated on the first Thursday in March, today March 5th. Other countries have Book Day on April 23rd. This date is no accident, this is the date of the death of Miguel de Cervantes, William Shakespeare and many other famous writers.

In Spain it is common to give books as presents to friends on this day. In some regions the tradition is to give a book and a rose to a loved one as it coincides with the festivities of St. George.

So to celebrate I'm listing the books I've read so far in 2015.

Murder in Adland by Buck Beckham.
Armed & Outrageous by Madison Johns.
All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.
Loose Screw by Rae Davies.

Cut Loose by Rae Davies.
Dead Wrong by Leighann Dobbs.
Tristan Finch by Jacqueline Spencer & M. H. Sargent.
Seven Days from Sunday by M.H. Sargent.

With the exception of All the Light We Cannot See, all are murder mysteries, just in case you are wondering.  I read a little each day after I've eaten lunch and before clocking back in at work, and also most nights before I go to sleep. 

There you have it, my little contribution to #WorldBookDay.  


Click here for part two of the book's I've read in 2015.


No comments: