08 February, 2009

Tupperware

As you might have noticed by the banner on the side of the blog, I became a Tupperware consultant. I started about a couple of months ago  and gave catalogs to many of my friends. But with the holidays it was not possible to hold a party. I had my first Tupperware party two weeks ago at a co-worker's home.  It went well and my friend told me her guests had lots of fun.  I was so nervous, but apparently they did not see it that way.  
We closed the party and the items arrived a couple of days ago.  I'll be delivering the orders on Monday.  
I went to one of the local Mexican stores yesterday and dropped off some sales flyers in Spanish. It occured to me to  ask the owner if it would be possible to come one day and set a table and talk to his customers.  "Oh, yes, no problem.  We get a lot of people on Sunday, so why don't you come tomorrow" he said.  So in a few seconds I had  scheduled a party.  I came home and looked for something so I could make a sign. I found some poster board and made a hand written sign.  I went back to the store to post it and found the co-owner, his sister, and she told me she was excited to see the products.  

Of course I am nervous and excited again!!  I'll have to come back and tell you how it went.  I'm off now to "La Veracruzana #2" for my first Tupperware Party in Spanish.  

Here is a little video on hosting a Tupperware party.   




No comments: